Elizabeth Howe, MS, L.Ac.
I am a Chinese Medicine Practitioner using acupuncture, herbs and multiple forms of bodywork to address your health concerns. My desire is to help enable you to return to a vibrant state of health by treating your whole person.
I’ve been a wellness practitioner since 2012. What began as an interest in understanding how the mind and body work to maintain good health through exercise and and self-care, led to my pursuing an education in both massage therapy and pilates. I helped patients who were struggling with pain due to lifestyle demands as well as post-operative patients who needed to rebalance and strengthen their body to regain their full mobility.
My interest in Chinese Medicine flowed naturally from both wanting to go deeper with my patients to help them to address their other health issues, and from my own experience as a patient.
In years past, the stress of living a fast-paced lifestyle that many of us are all too familiar with, led to my experiencing insomnia, back pain, digestive issues and other symptoms related to my eyes and eyesight. These symptoms have all been resolved through treatment and maintenance by Chinese Medicine. Its life nourishing principles have also taught me to live life with more ease and balance.
I realized that I had found my lifework by my deep desire to share this elegant, profound medicine system with my community. Thus, the seed for opening a Chinese Medicine clinic was planted. Five years later, my dream was realized. Today, I continue my studies as a doctoral student with internationally renown classical Chinese herbalists and experts in orthopedic pain management. My research is focused on treating degenerative vision loss through acupuncture and herbs.
Some other technical information:
- California Acupuncture Board Certified Practitioner
- Doctoral Candidate, Oriental Medicine, Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences
- M.S.,Traditional Chinese Medicine, Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences
- Certified Micro-Acupuncture practitioner for Vision Loss (Mats Sexton, L.Ac.)
- Certified in Facial Acupuncture (Mei Zen)
- Certified Massage Practitioner : Swedish, Acupressure, Shiatsu, Tuina
- Certified Pilates Instructor working with injury and rehabilitation
- Certified Reiki Master from the Usui tradition
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Fri – Sun: Closed